Atlantic City has a very colorful history. It has always thrived on entertainment. More recently though, it has become a location for such popular Jersey Shore events as Boardwalk Hall events, celeb sightings, championship boxing matches and concerts.
Towering resort hotels, sun, the Boardwalk, sand, and the Atlantic Ocean are all the ingredients for a beach party that can’t be beat. The Atlantic City beaches are famous. Everything that you can possibly need is right within walking distance. There are shops, shows, casinos, five star restaurants, and attractions.
All of the benefits that Atlantic City enjoys as not just being one of the few beaches in America that has a boardwalk, but also because it is the largest boardwalk in America.
Can you think of a better way to top off a day that was filled with gourmet dining, shows and shopping than strolling on the boardwalk watching the sun set? For those who prefer aquatic activities, there is great surfing, parasailing and fishing on this beach and you might even choose to go on a short, relaxing cruise.
The world famous Atlantic City boardwalk was constructed in 1870. Since that time, it has become one of the great American icons. You can walk on the boardwalk with the beach on one side of you and the sunset on the other as you check out the shops that range from salt water taffy shops to high end boutiques.
In Atlantic City, the night has endless possibilities. Drinks, dancing, DJs and dazzling lights are served up all night long 7 nights a week. Atlantic City’s best clubs are jumping from the time the sun goes down until it comes back up again and each one of them has a different ambiance and atmosphere.
Make the rounds going from club to club and enjoy all that they have to offer.
For those who want to get away from the rat race, you are always welcome in Atlantic City.
- Atlantic City has a population of right at 40,000
- This city was the inspiration behind the classic board game Monopoly
- It is actually on an island – Absecon Island
- This city is also called “The Gambling Capitol on the East Coast” with 8 massive casinos as well as numerous smaller casinos
- The Boardwalk was the first one in the US to be built
- There is an annual airshow called Thunder Over the Boardwalk
- The climate here is humid subtropical although the winters are pretty cool
- Jersey – Atlantic has the distinction of being the first wind farm in the US that is coastal